It’s happening! It’s time! Forget ‘winter is coming,’ Jon Snow has nothing on the trauma I’m about to endure. It’s time for Pre-school.
Here’s why it’s so much worse than an undead army of creatures marching towards us:
1. We’ve to get up earlier
2. The clothes I put on my Little One must be somewhat respectable
3. She must actually be dressed
4. I’ve to be organised
5. I’ve to keep track of the time for dropping and collecting
6. She’s going to get sick
7. She’s quite possibly going to get head lice
All of these are more minor annoyances so here’s where it gets up to creepy blue eyed guy on an icy fire breathing dragon level:
8. My little girl won’t be with me for an entire three hours a day
9. I can’t just pick her up and kiss her whenever I want
10. My heart is going to ache every second she’s at pre-school
11. This is the beginning of her spending less and less time with me
And worst of all:
12. I’ll probably get used to it.
I know this is the start of an exciting new chapter in her life. I know she’s going to have a great time playing games and making friends. I know this is the absolute right thing for her socially and developmentally. I know all this but it changes nothing – I’ll miss her. I’ll miss her just like I’d miss a body part if I was expected to give one up at a certain time in life also.
I still can’t believe we’ve reached this stage. My beautiful girl is growing up and that’s thrilling and terrifying all at once.